AFC Fylde Community Foundation is recruiting a Youth Engagement Project Co-ordinator to join its successful and respected team to lead its Champions Project.
The role will include working with individuals and groups of people involved or at significant risk of becoming involved in crime and anti-social behaviour to find positive outcomes.
Length of Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2025 (subject to additional funding)
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 per annum
· Co-ordinate the overall delivery of the Champions Project ensuring the project reaches and surpasses all targets, as set out in project plan.
· Work with individuals and groups of people aged 10-25 years old to reduce offending behaviour and risk to others.
· Work alongside partners to identify and work with participants involved in, or at significant risk of involvement in offending behaviour.
· Plan and deliver a range of activities and workshops to engage participants and support a positive change in behaviour.
· Support the delivery of other intervention projects and work with the Assistant Foundation Director to identify other opportunities and projects.
You will have:
· Hold a recognised Youth Work qualification (or relevant lived experience)
· Experience of working with hard-to-reach young people in a youth work setting to achieve successful outcomes.
· Proven track record of working with people at risk of involvement in violence and affecting positive change in behaviour.
· Experience of working alongside key agencies including youth offending teams, youth services and police to manage risks they may face.
· Hold a safeguarding qualification or evidence of recent professional training.
· Company pension scheme
· 25 days annual leave plus public bank holidays
· Company laptop and mobile phone
· Access to charity worker discounts
· Staff Uniform
· Free on-site parking
To apply for the position through Indeed please click the link below or alternatively send your CV and Cover Letter to Assistant Foundation Director, AFC Fylde Community Foundation, Fylde Sports and Education Centre, Coronation Way, Wesham, PR4 3JZ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Thursday 22nd February 2024
Interview date: Thursday 29th February 2024
AFC Fylde Community Foundation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Foundation is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The trust recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Foundation expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.