Job Title: Community Sports Coach (CSC)
Or Community Dance Coach (CDC)
Reporting To: Director of Community Development (DCD)
Community Development Manager (CDM)
Key Relationships: All other Colleagues
Location: Mill Farm Sports Village, Kirkham, Lancashire
Date: February 2018
The AFC Fylde Community Foundation are a forward thinking and fast moving community trust which works in partnership with AFC Fylde Football Club, based in Kirkham Lancashire. The Foundation currently deliver a number of bespoke and innovative CPD and primary school Physical Education programmes, working with 47 Primary Schools, throughout Blackpool Fylde and Wyre.
Due to the continued sustainable growth of The Foundations flagship CPD and Physical Activity programmes, The Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic Community Sports Coach, to join its ever growing team.
The ideal candidate, will have desired experience, within a community environment, and will have the confidence and ability to work independently, delivering a wide and diverse range of Physical Activity sessions, based within the community, and at Primary School Settings.
The ideal candidate, will possess as a minimum a Level 1 Coaching in any recognised sport, and must hold a full driving licence, and have access to a vehicle.
The main responsibilities of the Community Sports Coach are as follows;
- Working in partnership with the DCD the SSC, must be able to professionally, and confidently deliver a range of multi skills sessions, targeting children and young people between the ages of 4 and 18.
- The post holder, must be able to adapt and deliver a wide and diverse range pf physical activity programmes, and must have the ability to work with children and young people, of varied ages and abilities.
- The post holder must have extensive experience around, supporting the professional development of local primary school teachers, to increase their skill level to deliver PE lessons.
- The post holder, must be a driven and committed individual, who is committed to improving the health and wellbeing
- The post holder, must be committed to providing an excellent customer service to all of the Foundations stakeholders at all times, and must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve, in a professional and effective manner.
- The post holder, must have the skillset and confidence, to move throughout various age group sessions throughout the day, adapting sessions accordingly, in order to meet customer need.
The post holder must possess a minimum of a Level 1 Coaching , and relevant qualifications, which allow for the smooth and efficient running of The Foundations Physical Activity Sessions.
From time to time the Community Sports Coach will be expected to complete duties outside of their normal day to day duties, these will be as instructed by the Director of Community Development and/or Community Development Manager. These activities may include the following but the below list in now inclusive or exhaustive;
- When required, provide appropriate cover to assist the CDM ensuring classes are delivered to the highest standard possible.
- When required, deliver Diversionary sports activities within the community, ensuring all sessions are delivered to the highest standard possible and reach local targets set out by the CDM.
The post holder will have:
– excellent coaching skills
– excellent networking skills
– good interpersonal skills
– experience in delivering sport within a school environment
– relevant experience
– a willingness to learn and develop new skills in relation to funding opportunities
This person will be:
– a quick learner
– able to multi task
– hard working
– a team player
The post holder will be expected to:
– act with honesty and integrity at all times
– demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
– value and respect colleagues and other members of staff
– work with others to develop and improve our services
– take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver
Title- Community Sports Coach
AFC Fylde Community Foundation
Closing Date- 31st February 2018
£10 an hour.
How to apply;
Please send your CV/Cover letter to email@example.com or for more information contact 07739796101
Signature of Post holder: ………………… Date: …………………
Signature of Manager: …………………… Date: …………………